Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bugs.

I had completely forgotten I had even started this. I must have been drugged out of my head. How eerie I stumble upon it a year later. It was news to me that I was already the proud holder of a Google account.

My mp3 player is infested with bugs. Not the virtual kind. Actual bugs. Either that, or gravity-defying dust. I don't think either is normal. How did they get there? How are they surviving? Are bugs having sex in my mp3 player?! Aside from that, its broken. I am tune-less. Saved only by lastfm. Though, to be fair, I have fewer disagreements with lastfm.com than my mp3 player. It plays stuff I want to hear, when I want to hear it. My mp3 player has mood swings - usually opposite to my own. Like playing Radiohead when I want to hear Los Campesinos (the happiest band in the world, methinks), and my shameful pop loves when I want to have a moment of emo-niess. Or an "emoment", I suppose. And lastfm let me ban Razorlight, so I feel like a deity in my own lastfm world.

My trip to Sligo is a stark reminder of how much I miss the sea. I miss seeing the sea. And I forget... trip to Sligo has also taught me I can't work my new camera properly, and auto mode is just no fun. Which is a shame, because I had my first experience of Strawheads.....

No, they're not the latest CBBC LSD-trip inspired show. Apparently, its a an old tradition at Mayo weddings. They do a bit of a dance... get other people to act they are Riverdance backing dancers. And brilliant. You crazy, crazy Mayo peoples.

I need somebody to decide what I should do tomorrow. The zoo is an alluring option, but going by myself won't be as fun. Hmm. Maybe somewhere I can figure out how to work my camera.

A company that share its name with the stable form of oxygen are getting on my tits again. My incey-web connection can be a bit crappy still, yet I'm expected to pay €30 a month for it. But as long as I can keep watching Dr Who, I'll get by. Is it possible to OD on that sort of thing? I've become very aware of men in red converse and mannequins of late. And wondering where to go in the Tardis. However, being barely able to work a Fiesta, I don't think it would be safe for me to toy with the fabric of time and space itself. I've wreaked quite enough destruction on dumptrucks and trailers full of sheep.

No comments: